Directory pages associated with alternative healing methods:
Alternative Healing Tools
Books Tapes CDs
Music & Sound Therapy
Retreats & Retreat Centers
Discovered in China at least two thousand five hundred years ago, during inter clan/tribe warfare. The early Chinese studied the phenomena of wound healing, and created a complete map of energy meridians of the entire body. At various points, where energy or Chi blocks are evident, fine needles are placed strategically, and in some cases twirled with the fingers, or a mild electric current is passed through them. This helps to stimulate the blocked area and allow the free flow of chi energy. According to this philosophy, any block of chi energy causes illness. This modality is extremely effective where there is pain and energy imbalance....from the Glossary at HealersOfTheWorld.com
back to top
Acupuncture Sites Of Interest |
- Acupuncture.com Information on traditional Chinese Medicine, including accupuncture points, herbs, dietetics, diagnosis and theory, clinical referrals, news, college courses.
- Holistic-online.com Acupuncture
Intro to acupuncture and Oriental medicine.
- Doc Misha's Chicken Soup Chinese Medicine
- A World of Accupuncture
Info on traditional Chinese diagnosis, selecting a practitioner, acupressure points...
- Chinese Medicine Articles
Articles and links about Chinese medicine and acupuncture points.
- Accupuncture Today
News, articles, discussion forums online.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
Resources for students, practitioners and patients.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
|Free Widgets for Your Website/Blog: The box below contains one of 41+ daily-changing widgets available for free to spice up your blog or website. View all 41 and get blog/website code|
|Today's World Geography
1. Provided below is either the capital city or the country/state/province of that capital. What is EITHER the missing capital OR missing country/state/province: |
2. What is the closest body of water (river, bay, sea, or ocean) to the below city/country/island?Guernsey
3. Which one is NOT adjacent to any of the others?
Wisconsin; Idaho; Wyoming; Nebraska; Kansas
|Excerpt from the book Finding Your Soul in the Spirituality Maze: "We have all been exposed to the ongoing debate about which aspects our genes cause or which aspects our upbringing causes. What we never hear in this debate is the possibility that there might be a third alternative, what I am referring to as life plan. Could it be that we come into our lives with some definite unconscious plans to learn certain things, to be associated in particular ways with certain people, to have specific attributes and to do good (or not so good) works? A life plan of one description or another is part of the belief systems of much of the world, but Western cultures have in recent history tried to find almost all the answers under the microscope or in the psychological laboratory. The belief has typically been that all the answers will be found there and we have all received training to be rather scornful of any other possibilities." Continued here - free read.||
Love Poems 1 2 3 4 5