12. Bumper Stickers... My karma ran over my dogma. Never drive faster than your angel can fly. Out of body - will be back in 15 minutes.
13. The scene: children lined up in a Catholic elementary school lunch cafeteria. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun had made a note and posted it on the apple tray, "Take only ONE. God is watching."Further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."
14. Bumper Stickers... Time is the best teacher; unfortunately, it kills all its students. As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.
15. In the beginning, God created heaven and earth. Quickly he was faced with a class action lawsuit for failure to file an Environmental Impact Report.
16. "We are students of words: we are shut up in schools and colleges and recitation-rooms, for ten or fifteen years and come out at last with a bag of wind, a memory of words and do not know a thing." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803-1882
17. "And I have written three books on the soul, Proving absurd all written hitherto, And putting us to ignorance again." Robert Browning, 1812-1889
© 2008 by Thayer White
Finding Your Soul in the Spirituality Maze
|Excerpt from Be Your Own Therapist: "For example, men in this culture historically have made the choice not to feel sadness and grief (i.e., choice A). The result is a wide array of acting-out behavior such as unreasonable anger or drug/ alcohol/ sexual/ gambling addictions."|